Currently tome tactics are not implemented, likely because they serve a very narrow purpose in making you slightly more efficient against a specific enemy type.
I propose instead using them to give very slight pvp-buffs or class feature changes that make them interesting. The following are just ideas and I’d love to hear some further ideas.
- You lose the ability to guard, but instead restore 200 HP and 10 AP per second to all allies within 50 feet.
- You lose the ability to guard, but instead increase your group members’ initiative and toughness by 240 while they are within 100 feet.
Stealther Tactics (Witch Hunter & Witchelf)
- You lose the ability to stealth, but gain 160 toughness and initiative and restore 5AP to every group member within 100 feet whenever you damage an enemy.
- You lose the ability to stealth, but motivate your group mates, restoring 15% of your damage done as healing to them.
- Your detaunt no longer reduces damage done to you, but instead decreases outgoing damage of affected enemies by 25%.
- Your detaunt no longer reduces damage done to you, but instead heals all allies within 30 feet for 300HP per second over 10 seconds.
- Your abilities have their range reduced by 50%, but your armor is increased by 50%.
Stationary Pet Tactic(Magus & Engineer)
- You can no longer summon a pet, but instead apply a buff to your group increasing their damage by 1% per 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times while within 30 feet of you.
- You can no longer summon a pet, but the ability instead grants 100 AP and 25 Morale for allies within 30 feet.
- Your natural grace allows you to move 5 points faster than everyone else.
- Your long life has granted you patience, increasing your morale gain by 5/second.
- Your natural toughness allows you to decrease debuff durations by 10%.
- Your long life makes you unshaking, reducing morale reductions by 50%.
- You are cleverer at finding weak spots, allowing you to hit 5% harder with crits.
- You are meaner than everyone around you, allowing you to remove 2 morale from any enemy hit by you.
- You are more adaptable than most others, decreasing the damage done to you by 5% if hit with the same type of damage within 2 seconds.
- Your will to survive burns brightly, restoring 5% of suffered damage over 10 seconds.